Last updated: August 6, 2017 The most hygiene friendly way to use the toilet is to clean yourself with a bidet, or in your case the best bidet attachment, following your usage.
While not popular in all countries, bidet purchases remain steady across the board and with good reason. Bidets are single-handedly the best way to ensure the cleanliest toilet use for users. You’ll feel more refreshed and cleaner than you ever have before following the use of a bidet. But us in the West, specifically Americans, have yet to really catch on.
Many cry, “they’re so expensive!!!!1!!1!!” Well if you consider these best bidet toilet seat attachment options you can have one in your home for a price that might surprise you.
Yes, you can get bidet toilet seat attachment for a fraction of the price in comparison to toilet seat bidets, This makes them much more appealing for those curious to try one. If this investment doesn’t work out, it’s not like you’re not on the hook for A) the cost remodeling your bathroom to add a traditional bidet or B) the $150+ that it costs for a bidet toilet seat.
Here are some of the best bidet toilet seat attachment models we recommend. You can also click here to see in depth reviews of various bidet attachments.
Here’s a quick glance at the best bidet toilet seat attachment models we’re covering:
|Model (Click For Details)||Wash Types||Warm Water?||Rating|
|Luxe Bidet Neo 320||Front/Rear||Yes||4.5|
|Boss Bidet BOLD||Front/Rear||No||5.0|
|Astor Bidet CB-1000||Rear Only||No||4.6|
|Joy Bidet C-1||Rear Only||No||4.7|
|Zen Bidet Z-300||Front/Rear||No||4.6|
|Bio Bidet ELITE3||Front/Rear||No||4.5|
|Superior Bidet Supreme||Front/Rear||Yes||4.6|
|Brondell FS-10||Rear Only||No||4.3|
★ = Editors Choice
Our First overall pick for the best bidet toilet seat attachment is the Neo 320 from Luxe Bidet. It features everything we like in a bidet and then some! Luxe Bidet has a swath of various bidets and bidet types so it’s no wonder they crack our list for the best bidet attachment for your existing toilet.
Right off the bat when looking at the Neo 320, you see it has both warm and cold water capabilities, which puts it in rare company on our list of the top bidet toilet seat attachments. While a bidet attachment for your toilet like this typically doesn’t have warm water, you can make that work with the Neo 320. The only trick is that you need to be able to run warm water to the bidet, as all bidet toilet seat attachments are non-electric. Therefore, they are unable to warm up cold water from your toilet’s fill line.
Moving on from there, the lever to activate the wash is very smooth and easy to use. If you’re taking advantage of warm water, simply slide the dial to the temperature of your choosing and slowly pull the lever up to activate the spray. Moving down the control panel you can see the self-cleaning and front-wash dial is straightforward and easy to use.
If you have the ability to run a warm water hookup, the Luxe Bidet Neo 320 is an excellent option as the best bidet toilet seat attachment!
See what others have said:
- Bluema: “All in all, I’m glad that such an affordable functional bidet product is available, and I do highly recommend that you try. I can only write how clean and refreshed I feel after each use, but you’ll just have to experience that for yourself. It may even be an unusual gift that may eventually become an indispensable item for some with certain conditions (sensitive skin or hemorrhoids).“
- Arnie: “I have to say this is a super product. I installed the TOTO unit in the master bathroom and believe me it is a master piece. Very well constructed. But now we look at the price difference of the LUXE Bidet and TOTO whereas I have to say LUXE did a fantastic job.“
Our second overall pick for the best bidet toilet seat attachment is the Boss Bidet BOLD. The folks over a Boss Bidet have not been in the bidet game long but you wouldn’t think that from their line of bidets, especially their newest lineup which also includes the Boss Bidet Luxury and Mini.
The looks of the BOLD are indeed bold and unlike any of the other bidets on our list. You can get it in either white (shown) or black, which is just another feather in the cap for its looks. The BOLD comes with a steel hose, rather than some junky plastic one, and the control panel is masterfully built—namely the on/off lever. All pressure control is handled in the on/off lever which makes the controls straightforward and simple to use. There is enough pressure through the BOLD that if you need the enema wash, it’s right there at your fingertips.
Don’t be spineless in choosing your next bidet (or perhaps your first). Be bold in your decision and choose the Boss Bidet BOLD.
See what others have said:
- AugustBound: “This is a perfect way to clean your butt while traveling. I use less toilet paper and feel fresh when I’m done! I put this bidet and in my bag and I’m ready for every any bathroom I come across. I highly recommend this product!“
- Amjed D: “After coming back from our trip to Europe, we were set on buying a bidet for our bathroom. We wanted something nice and high quality so decided on the Boss Bidet! We’re very happy with our decision! It cleans us up nice and has saved us a a lot of money on toilet paper! It pays for itself. Installation took less than 20 minutes. Just make sure you tighten all connections so it doesn’t leak.”
Our budget pick for the best bidet toilet seat attachment is the Astor Bidet CB-1000, which we’ve taken a deeper look at before. Should the hygienic benefits of a bidet be held exclusively by expensive bidets or bidet toilet seats? Of course not. For under $30 you can get the cleanly benefits of a bidet at a fraction of the cost.
That’s not to say that comes with a slight drawback. Firstly, The Astor Bidet CB-1000 is a single-nozzle, single control bidet. It only has rear-wash capabilities and has no cleaning option, although it is still a self-cleaning bidet just like any other. The only control dial is to activate the bidet and control pressure. But if you’ve ever used a bidet, sometimes that’s all you need!
For those of you considering a bidet for the first time but are hesitant on spending more than $30 on a bidet, the CB-1000 is a great option. With little risk of overspending, the Astor Bidet CB-1000 is an excellent entry-level model for those who have never tried one.
See what others have said:
- fifthzepin: “I’m going to be honest, this is probably the best purchase I’ve ever bought on Amazon (and if you could see my order history, you’d be impressed by that statement).”
- Magician: “This little plastic wonder has been cleaning my tush now reliably for over 6 months. not many $26 gadgets these days can stay looking and working just as well 6 months into service as the first day they were put in service. I could not be happier with this purchase. In fact, I bought one for each bathroom in the house.“
The second budget pick on our list comes from Joy Bidet. The C-1 model is their baseline, no-frills model which operates similarly to our previous budget pick. Like the Astor Bidet CB-1000, the C-1 operates with one turn-dial, which controls the pressure of the single-nozzle bidet.
We slot it in just below the Astor CB-1000 because of its looks. The Joy Bidet is a relatively plain-looking bidet with no major accent colors or design schemes. And while bidets aren’t only about looks, it can be a deal-breaker for those looking to keep their bathrooms looking modern or contemporary.
Where the Joy Bidet and Astor Bidet really compare is in the price. Often a battle of just a few pennies sometimes, the Astor and Joy bidets tend to fluctuate between who has the better price-point at any given time.
Make no bones about it, though, the Joy Bidet and Astor Bidet are both fantastic low-end priced bidets that get the job done when you need it. Purchase with confidence!
See what others have said:
- kasha: “I want to give the bidet five stars because we bought one to test-drive it, so to speak, before buying one for my elderly mother. We love the bidet and I’d go as far as to say it actually is a game-changer in the cleanliness department.”
- Ed: “I wouldn’t have thought I’d like one of these things, let alone be recommending one! I was actually very resistant to even buying one. Well my wife went ahead and ordered it anyway. I said I’m not using that thing I’m a Marine for G#@ sake and I’m not going to install it for you, send it back. Well she hooked it up herself anyway and she loved it from the start.”
Best Of The Rest:
For our next best bidet toilet seat attachment we’re going back to the dual-nozzle models, this time with the Zen Bidet Z-300. Zen Bidet has been entrenched in the bidet industry for some time and their Z-300 model is excellent for those seeking a bidet toilet seat attachment.
The look is universal in the sense it can fit most bathroom-scapes. It is a little bit gaudy with the grass and clouds, but it’s easy to get over. If not, there are other models to choose from.
Functionality-wise, the Z-300 is great. Turn the large dial to the right for rear wash, left for front. The further you turn the dial, the greater the pressure. The smallest dial activates the self-cleaning action, which helps for those interested in cleaning before each use. Although, most bidets including the Z-300 self-clean after each use.
For another quality, dual-nozzle bidet toilet seat attachment, feel free to try out the Z-300.
See what others have said:
- Jay: “This is a great product, it has a better stream that is less messy and a dial that makes flow adjustment super easy. It is obvious when you look at it and lift it that it is vastly superior to other similarly priced models. Considering the brass parts I doubt they are making much money on it at this price. I bought a 2nd one for another bathroom and may buy a 3rd for a weekend place. Now that I have experienced true cleanliness I would never want to live without one.“
- Neil C: “Have been using this as a replacement for my Luxe Neo 180 bidet which broke after 2 years of service. I like this better than the Luxe as the dial operated flow control is easier to use than the lever based one. I also like that it is metal inside and the attachments are metal.“
Bio Bidet is a long-standing bidet maker featuring everything from portable bidets, to toilet seat bidets and more. Here they crack out best bidet toilet seat attachment list with their ELITE3 dual nozzle attachment.
This UPC certified bidet has a nice, universal design that is a bit easier to install than other universal attachments. You’ll easily be up and “bidet-ing” in just a few minutes time. The dual nozzles allow for rear and feminine washes and the activation dial is very easy to both use and control the pressure levels of your wash.
The silver brass flow false and stem is very high-quality and helps keep the ELITE3 in your bathroom for many, many years. Its reliability is likely the best on our list of the best bidet toilet seat attachments and has a defect rate of nearly 0% among their customers.
Bio Bidet is a name you can trust, definitely consider the ELITE3 as a bidet attachment for your toilet seat.
See what others have said:
- PaleoBabe: “Refreshing! After a few euro trips loving bidets, and my dad installing the most heavenly bidet seat with all the bells and whistles in his house – I knew I NEEDED not one, but two for myself.“
- K.: “My husband bought this bidet on a whim and it has seriously changed our lives. I feel so much cleaner after using the bathroom now, and it definitely helps me feel more fresh while I’m on my period as well. My husband raves about it too! We both love it so much, we immediately bought one for our second bathroom.”
Our next best bidet toilet seat attachment option is one that features 3 control dials and is known as the Supreme by Superior Bidet. The three-dial control panel is actually quite nice because it doesn’t merge multiple controls into one or two dials. The dial controls are separated as such from top to bottom: nozzle cleaning, front/rear wash, temperature control.
The looks of the Supreme bidet are solid, too. It’s not gaudy, in fact next to the Boss Bidet BOLD, it’s one of the better-looking bidets on our list. You should have no issue finding a bathroom to fit this into.
Lastly, it’s again in rare company by offering warm water capabilities—if you have the ability to easily run a warm water hose to the bidet.
See what others have said:
- Julie Lynch: “This is a fabulous product. Why didn’t I have this before? I have never felt so clean. I’ve only had this for 3 wks, will update if it changes but for now I’m really happy with it. I was never happy w/ just toilet paper & have been spending a small fortune on wipes for years. Now one wipe is all I need.”
- StereoBabe: “I stayed in Japan for 5 months. While there, I became a believer in the bidets. This product I found was easy to install, and works great. I highly recommend this product for personal hygiene. I am mechanically inclined and it literally took me 10 minutes to set up. Not only would I suggest this product to my friends, I suggested to you also.”
Jumbl is a coming you’ve probably not heard much about. They develop a number of different products ranging from automobile products to phone chargers. They also developed the BI-003 bidet attachment and found some success with it. The BI-003 is simple and straightforward to use, much like the others on our list and can handle any task you’re setting out to accomplish. With rave reviews, including our own enjoyable experience, it was hard not to include the BI-003 on our list, hence why it’s here on our list to find the best bidet toilet seat attachment!
See what others have said:
- Narey: “This is a remarkable product to maintain and enrich personal hygiene. The product was received in excellent package.”
- Jen Snider: “I bought this for my elderly father to help us take care of his bathroom needs. It really helps clean him better so we don’t have to wipe him as much. He likes it also, he says he feels cleaner. I’ve used it also and love it. I’m planning on getting one for my own house. It definitely makes you feel fresher.”
This isn’t the first time we’ve had Brondell on our list of top bidet products. Their GoSpa portable bidet is a popular choice among our writers and the FS-10 FreshSpa just couldn’t be left off our list to find the best bidet toilet seat attachment. It is a no-frills bidet attachment but oftentimes that is all that’s needed. But while it might be limited in the controls, the FS-10 has adjustable nozzle angels for reaching all those difficult areas. Whether at the 1, 2, or 3 position, you’ll have flexibility and cleanliness wrapped up into one quality bidet.
See what others have said:
- Crossfit Dadoh: “Easy to hook up, easy to adjust the direction of the spray and easy to control the flow of water. A clean bottom with minimal fussing around! It also stays far cleaner than I thought it would (I imagined having to clean off the sprayer with some frequency). A solid buy.”
- Saad: “We have 3 of these units now. Had two, in the other restrooms and they’ve held up great. I had one defective one from Home Depot which leaked, ended up returning it to Home Depot and buying from Amazon. Over a year and no issues so far with any of the three units.“
The last option on our trek to find the best bidet toilet seat attachment is the BIDET4ME MB-2000. This value-focused bidet is typically found at incredible prices and has all the bells and whistles of the more expensive bidets. Of course, when you consider a bidet that is lower in price you should consider its durability and reliability but we found no such issues with the MB-2000. Things like the plastic water line are ways to help decrease that price while still giving you an excellent bidet and cleanliness experience. It has dual-nozzle capabilities, warm water (if you can hook it up) and a self-cleaning feature all rolled into one, usually less than $50 bidet.
See what others have said:
- jimmy: “This is a high quality bidet unlike other cheap brands. The water pressure is adequate and you feel very clean after using it. I am completely shocked that the people in America, the supposed to be the most advanced country on earth, still using toilette paper to clean their behind after doing number 2.”
- Rod: “I bought the Luxe brand before this and this is a better bidet. The valves are better at controlling the water jets, more control of the water flow. The Luxe sprayers also started to get stuck after about 9 months, this has replaceable sprayers so if it happens again I can replace them. The valves in this bidet have click valves and seem to work well. The Luxe brand also started leaking from inside the case from using the sprayer cleaning button, hope this one holds up better. So far this is a great bidet.”
Why use a bidet?
A no brainer here. There is no question that washing away fecal matter with water is better than smearing it in the same spot, especially for those prone to health issues related to fecal matter stuck to your rear.
Two questions for you the reader, at what point does fecal matter remnants left from toilet paper become unsanitary? If that were any other part of your body, would you wipe it away with a dry piece of tissue?
I don’t think I need to answer but you get the point. Add that to the constant friction on your bottom and we get to another level of hygiene, health, and comfort.
The amount of toilet paper you can save with a bidet toilet seat attachment is quite remarkable. After using your bidet, all that is needed is a simple pat dry with some toilet paper.
No need to wipe…and wipe and wipe and wipe. I think we’ve all had those instances of the never-ending wipe. Instead, you use a fraction of the TP from the aforementioned method. That’s also a lot less wear and tear on your rear.
How about the packaging that TP comes in as well? All that plastic consumption can be reduced by adding a bidet to your home toilet. Heck, you’ll even be saving paper with the toilet paper roll itself. The TP cardboard roll is always wasted so any reduction here is a big benefit to savings and the environment.
Speaking of toilet paper, the amount you can save on toilet paper alone is worth the cost of a bidet over the course of its lifetime. Any bidet toilet seat attachment can save you hundreds on toilet paper expense while costing well below $100. Once the fecal matter is washed away, it’s a simple wipe and you’re all set. The extra cash is well worth the bidet by itself, let alone the extra positives that come into play.
Another area of savings is that your toilet’s risk of clogging goes way down with the use of a bidet. Without the need to use copious amounts of TP if you’re having a rough go, the chance of your toilet receiving a drain-clogging dose of toilet paper is slim to none. No more needing to wipe and wipe without uncertainty of if your toilet will handle it.
If your home is connected to a city sewer system or a bad septic tank, you also help prevent any mishaps here. Anyone dealing with poor waste plumbing should absolutely keep a bidet in mind.
I mean, how much more sophisticated can a toilet get with a bidet on it? A dedication to cleanliness on that level is certainly something we can respect and welcome the opportunity to do so. We would say it’s the number one way to feel as clean as possible, even more so than a shower sometimes. And cleanliness is close to godliness, right?
Why you won’t use a bidet?
Listen, I get it. It’s weird and uncustomary. If you’re an American, you’re likely to have little or no experience with a bidet toilet seat attachment. It’s just not ingrained in the culture–yet. Go look up any YouTube video of someone using a bidet for the first time. Nearly all of them say it’s a positive experience overall and some even say they’ll never go back!
If people didn’t love bidets, they wouldn’t be so popular around the world.
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Bidet Toilet Seat Attachment
Water Pressure Adjustment
This is a standard feature on most of the best bidet toilet seat attachment models on the market. Even the most basic bidets have one feature and that is to adjust the water pressure. Not everyone is the same, especially first time bidet users. In order to give first timers and more welcoming sense to use the bidet, water pressure adjustment is a no-brainer.
Typical water adjustment knobs will be a low to high with a soft adjustment between each measurement. This means that at 75% rotation, the water is at 75% of max pressure. If you want to imagine how this works, think of a dam slowly opening it’s doors open. The water flows through the bidet’s valve at the “opening” amount you provide on the adjustment panel.
Now this is a feature that doesn’t come standard on bidet attachments. Most of the best bidet attachments on the market should have this feature but look closely if this is something you’re focusing on in your search.
The lower end, cheaper bidets likely won’t have this option and warm water can definitely be a more pleasant experience, that’s for sure.
Bidets seats, now that’s another topic we’ll get to in another review.
Most of the bidet toilet seat attachment options on the market that have a warm water feature will need to be hooked up to your hot water source in your bathroom. This means that logistics will become an issue if your hot water supply and toilet are not close to one another. Bidet attachments have no way of heating any inbound water so it must enter warm in the first place. From there, the user can mix the hot/cold water to their desired level.
If a warm water bidet attachment won’t work in your situation, you can always check out bidet seats which have heating capabilities within them. Bidet seats come in a few forms that allow a warm water option without needing a warm water hookup.
Posterior and Frontal Cleaning Mode
The modern-day best bidet toilet seat attachment options are made for one thing–the posterior. So they’re all going to have one. But one feature that is not so common among the bidet attachments is feminine or front cleaning mode.
As you can imagine, the feminine or frontal cleaning mode only does one thing different. Its jet is tilted forward slightly to easily cleanse the feminine area.
Bidet attachments that has front cleaning mode will definitely highlight the feature. If not, you can look at the control area of the bidet attachment and it should be obvious.
As you can see to the right, the middle knob controls “front” to the left and “rear” to the right. This particular bidet (Superior Bidet Supreme) also has the hot and cold water controls as well as the nozzle cleaning mode.
Which leads us to our next pointer.
This feature goes hand-in-hand with the pressure adjustment on any bidet attachment–it comes standard on nearly all bidets and bidet attachments. If the bidet you’re looking at doesn’t come with a self-cleaning mode, run and do it quickly. That’s not a product you want to get your hands on, literally.
The self-cleaning mode keeps the best bidet toilet seat attachment nozzles as clean as the can until a thorough clean is necessary. Some bidets use cold water only to self-clean, and others use only hot water. Everything else is in between.
Power Source Need
None. If you’re getting the best bidet toilet seat attachment, there should be no electricity required.
All the pressure of the water comes from the water supply tube. From there, you are simply opening valves which transfer the water in the appropriate manner.
Some bidet seats may need a power source, but your bidet attachment should not.
Final Note and Upgrade Tip
The last thing you may want to consider, along with your bidet attachment, is a metal T-adapter. Most of the models on our best bidet toilet seat attachment list come with a T-adapter but some are normally plastic.
Do yourself a favor and get a metal T-adapter outright and you won’t regret it. This will give you a securer feeling about connection of your water supply, bidet, and toilet tank.